The Cisco IE 2000 Series are designed for low cost, low ports, and small sizes. They offer:
- Four, eight, or 16 10/100Base-T Ethernet ports (Small Form-Factor Pluggable [SFP] downlinks on selected models); fixed configurations with a compact form factor
- Two gigabit combo ports: SFP (100 Mbps and 1 Gbps) or RJ45 uplink
- Dual-input DC power supply, alarm relays, DIN rail mount
- Industrial Power over Ethernet (PoE) solution
- Conformal coating SKUs available (IE-2000-16TC-G-X and IE-2000-16PTC-G- NX)
- Swappable SD flash card and mini-USB connector
- Industrial environmental compliance and certifications
- Industrial partner applications: Ethernet/IP and PROFINET
Primary benefits and features
- Easy deployment: Zero-touch discovery using Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP), auto sync to SD card, express setup, and fast boot-up time (60 seconds) to help in migrating to an Ethernet environment without resistance.
- Security: 802.1x, port security, and DHCP allow dynamic port-based authentication; Secure Shell (SSHv2); SNMPv3 provides encrypted administrator traffic during Telnet and SNMP sessions; TACACS+ and RADIUS authentication facilitate centralized control and restrict unauthorized users.
- Resiliency: Cisco REP ring protocol and PROFINET– Media Redundancy Protocol (MRP)
- Manageability: Cisco DNA Center software, Auto SmartPort, Web Device Manager, Telnet, HTTPS access, SNMP, CNA, and Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Network Address Translation (NAT): Line-rate, hardware-enabled 1:1 static address translation designed to enable duplicate IP address usage in the Layer 2 machine node networks.
- Layer 3 routing: IPv4 and IPv6.
- Industrial PoE: PoE (IEEE 802.af) and PoE+ (802.3at) supported on selected models.
- Industrial automation protocols: EtherNet/IP (CIP) and PROFINET MRP (IEC 62439-2) allow integration with existing management platforms from Rockwell, Siemens, and others.
Switch performance and scalability
- Maximum Forwarding Bandwidth 3.8Gbps
- Maximum Switching Bandwidth 7.6Gbps
- Maximum Forwarding rate: 5.66Mpps with 64-byte packets (Line-rate at all packet sizes)
- Egress buffer: 2 MB
- Unicast MAC addresses: 8000
- Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) multicast groups: 255
- Maximum virtual LANs (VLANs): 1005
- IPv4 MAC security ACEs: 384 (default Ternary Content-Addressable Memory [TCAM] template)
- Bidirectional, 128 NAT translation entries
- IPv4 routing: 3500 routes, IPv6 routing: 1750 routes
For available products see Ordering Information under downloads tab